Join the FermentersKitchen.com Team
Are you looking to join a family of fermented food enthusiasts dedicated to helping hundreds of thousands of readers become better fermentors?
If so, FermentersKitchen.com is hiring!
Our mission at FermentersKitchen.com is to spread the love of fermented foods to everyone.
We aim to create the best possible content we can — and the most helpful. If you’re into that sort of thing, we’d love to have you on board!
PAYMENT. We pay $0.05 per word, and our articles are all either 1,000, 2,000, or 3,000 words in length. So you’ll be paid either $50, $100, or $150 per article depending on the length. Article lengths are assigned based on the topic, so you’ll know up-front how much you’ll be paid for your efforts.
SCHEDULE. All writers will be expected to produce three articles per month. It is critical that you do not miss a publishing date, ever. Writers who miss a publishing date will be let go.
For most freelance writers, three articles per month is perfect so they have plenty of time to work on it without being overwhelmed, but writers can almost always pick up additional articles to write if you’d like more work.
OWNERSHIP. You understand and agree that all photos, videos, written content, and all other media submitted to Fermenterskitchen.com become the exclusive property of the company and you do not have the right to republish that content on your own site.
We are looking for a Content Writer to provide well-researched and accurate content in the food fermentation, preserving, and mead/beer brewing niche.
The potential hire needs to have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to follow an editorial style guide.
Excellent writing, spelling, and understanding of grammar are essential to the role. Interest in food and cooking is a must.
Here is a great example of the style of writing we like. Writing tutorial video
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating engaging, factual, and unique content
- Collaborating with editor and designer
- Researching and organizing long-form content
- Writing different types of content – informational, reviews, sales
Requirements and Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An engaging, active tone
- Excellent grasp of the English language
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- Experience in creative writing, journalism, English, or nutrition, food preparation
- Ability to work independently
- Comfortable working remotely (we are entirely online based)
- Proficient computer skills, including Google Docs